The blog will self-destruct in one week. I have waited for direction in what to do with One Thing for a long time now, and I believe it is time to close up shop. It has been the source of a lot of joy (and probably equal parts angst) over the years to me as I have alternately wrestled with big stuff and laughed about little stuff. I hope it has blessed a few people along the way, but I no longer see myself as someone who can keep up with the tap-dance anymore.
I will still be writing, but this time it will be less snap-crackle-pop and more of a slow burn. You can find me here.
Thank you for the support and encouragement over the past five years. It’s been fun.
Top Ten Things I Don’t Do Anymore Because Life Is Too Short
1. Make my bed (there’s usually a soft squishy small person in it, anyway, which makes getting the blankets smooth a little difficult)
2. Iron (spritz with water. hang up. the end)
3. Argue with buttheads (including that little voice inside my head)
4. Resist buying a magazine when I want one (oh, glossy pages, how I love you)
5. Fold Underwear (My butt is wrinkled anyway, now my undies match!)
6. Drive the speed limit (HAHAHA! oh who am I kidding, I’ve never done that)
7. Worry about what people I don’t even know think of me.
8. Cross Stitch
9. Fill in all the blanks (I couldn’t think of anything for #9. Can you grasp the irony here?)
10. Blog obsessively (but then, you knew that, didn’t you?)
Got some things you learned to “just say no” to? For the simple reason that life is just too dang short to worry about it? Spill it! Feel free to borrow the Top Ten Squid button if’n you wish. And leave me a link, or a list in the comments!
Life is busy. February is soggy. Children are growing. Thoughts percolating. Too many ideas, too little time. Le Sigh. Meanwhile, enjoy these fine meats and cheeses links.
Feeling like a failure? Yeah, me too. This post ministered to me!
A book I am reading and enjoying immensely.
A book I am curious to read (have you? any thoughts?)
Something really damn funny. Unless you have a sense of humor that is not walking the line between abherrent and completely deranged.*
This is a man with an incredible vision and a beautiful heart. I love his work and his passion.
And…a blog that encapsulates all that I wrestle with.
*this post is totally clean. The rest of the blog is RAYOR. It’s hilarious, but often irreverent and, occasionally, completely gross.