Shewt, I’m way behind in posting these…it is testimony to His great benevolence that the blessings flow so thick and fast that it is difficult to keep up.
Yet record I will, for I know how quickly I descend into the muck of ingratitude when I don’t take the time to stop and see, to offer up the honor that is all His anyway.
Sometimes I think I hear the sound of the rocks, clearing their throats. The world seethes in discontent, but may the stones stay silent a little longer, as long as we are here to sing His praises!
30. Singing coming from the shower
31. Little boys with big personalities
32. Thanksgiving spent with abundant family, “in-law” as they say, but “in-heart” as much as any I grew up with.
33. Small details that show great love.
35. A dog who teaches me the meaning of longsuffering.
36. Grown daughters who keep me young.
37. Teen son who provides endless entertainment
Texas in November…
that water ain’t exactly tepid…
…but when your uncle offers you a quick $5…
it’s amazing what you can do with enough incentive!
38. The children’s table
(the one with teeth is cousin Richard)
let’s face it…the kids’ table is way more fun than the adult version…
that is, until some grown-up comes over and makes you actually…EAT…
39 & 40. Baby hair, and baby eyelashes
41. Baby hugs with baby hands that heal and hold tightly
42. Baby kisses
43. Reminders, as I head into winter, that even death has beauty.
44. And that the promise of spring is only a season away…